Tuesday, July 04, 2006

4th of July Weekend

We had a fabulous weekend! I'm so glad we were together as a family for this weekend. There were times when I was in tears while thinking about all the casualties in the war, then other times when I was beaming with joy for the many blessings God has freely given my family and this country, for the freedom and boundless beauty.

Saturday started off with the blood drive at Michael's church. There were about 50 people who gave blood in honor of David, including a couple ladies from my homeschool group. That evening, we went to an awesome concert at Bethel Church called Celebrate America: United We Stand. They had a 200 person choir and orchestra. The event was filled with surprises, from military personnel, holocaust survivors, inspiring music, and a children's choir. One song I enjoyed was called You'll Never Walk Alone. While the choir sang this song, photos from the tsunami flashed on screen. It broke my heart to see so many people suffer. Here are the lyrics:

When you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.

Sunday, we had a family portrait. I will post a copy before July 16. I wanted to get a photo of the family before David's BMT. He has a nice bruise on his head to remind us ;-). We had a relaxing day after the photo was over ;-) We spent a few hours in the charming town of Los Gatos.

Monday, we saw Disney/Pixar movie CARS. David slept through it...I dozed off too.

Tuesday, we attended the 131th 4th of July picnic at the Little Red School House in the mountains where I was raised. Then we drove to Scotts Valley for the parade. Then to Natural Bridges to play on the beach. We had to drag the children away from the ocean and sand. We finished the weekend with a fireworks show. David absolutely loved it. His fav word, "Wow!"

I'm grasping to spend all the time I can with my family before the BMT. I am blessed with a husband that loves his family and sacraficed to be with us this entire weekend. We truely had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

buy tadarise oral jelly online said...

sildenafil 100 mg Tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis. It belongs to a group of medicines known as phosphodiesterase type 5 PDE 5inhibitors.