Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day -2

He is feeling great this morning. We had a good nights sleep. He ate almost all his Cherrios. His weight was a little higher this morning. I told him that if he does not eat his breakfast they will put a tube in his nose and it does not feel good. He said, "Alright," and ate his cereal. I'm not sure he understood everything, but the outcome was a blessing.

He took his oral meds with the usual fight. It's noon and he is resting. It's good that he is resting b/c he is hooked up to the monitors for a few hours. The nurse, Ami, started Prograf today, which is an immunosuppressant also called tacrolimus. I'm glad I read the warnings b/c it says to avoid grapefruit. Since I am breastfeeding, it's good to know these things ;-) This drug will help prevent transplant rejection.

Monday is a "rest" day. Then Tuesday night 8-9pm, the transplant.

"Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him." Psalm 28:6-7

No comments: