Friday, August 18, 2006

Day +17

WBC 200
Platelets 47
Hemoglobin 9.7

He got another platelet transfusion today. Thats' three in a row. I asked for a blood test right after to make sure he got a boost and he did! Thankfully. If he did not get a boost, that could mean he is developing antibodies to platelet transfusions. So no worries. He also got a red blood cell transfusion. Please pray that all the transfusions are clean, virus free, and from healthy individuals.

I have an infant scale for 24+ hours to measure his breastmilk intake. I'm sharing the scale with my next door neighbor who is a 2 month old baby girl and had a bone marrow transplant. The scale measures in grams. I took his weight before BF and after. I use Google to make the conversion from grams to ounces. Did you know you can do conversions by typing in the Google search box "51g to ounces" He ate 2 ounces in seven minutes and 3 ounces in the other seven minutes. This is fun!

My other children came by to play and have a picnic dinner with us. David was extremely happy to see them.

Odwalla called me this morning to say a case of juices are on the way.

Tomorrow is Saturday. I'm looking forward to peace and quiet around here.

1 comment:

mandy said...

Tell David we're proud of him. Tell him to keep on opening his mouth for all the dr's. Everything sounds really good. We'll keep on praying. Tell me when it's ok to visit.Just Mason and I.
We love you,
Mandy and Family