Tuesday, October 24, 2006

+84 Almost Choked to Death

David and I were sleeping together when I heard a cough. Then under his small breath he said, "Mama, neck." I looked and saw the IV tubing was tightly wrapped around his neck. He could hardly breath. He tossed and turned during the night while getting it wrapped around his neck. I panicked and worked quickly to release the tubing. It's a good thing I'm a light sleeper, that he was sleeping with me, and that he can speak. Is this child going to survive into adulthood?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiee,
WOW! I can only imagine the panic that set in when you saw the tube around David's neck. It sounds like you really handled it well though. Though we haven't been able to check on David's progress much lately, I want you to know we continue to pray for him every night - for health and strength. We also pray for your continued health and strength.

Chris Johnson - Rand's dad