Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Day +77

WBC 5500
ANC 4500
Hemoglobin 9.4
Platelets 212k

Day +77, a good lucky number! His numbers are doing well. The hemoglobin is a little low, but I think it's taking time for the baby marrow to push out into the periphery. His Prograf level was up to 12, which is way too high. We decreased the Prograf and the steroids. His appetite has decreased too. Another boy who had a WAS transplant a few days after us is having appetite problems too. It's a common problem when steroids are involved. Some things I plan to try:
  • Vigorous exercise
  • Peppermint Tea
  • Chamomile Tea
  • Fruits and Veggies, so he is not lacking in nutrition
  • Warm compresses or a warm pack on the stomach
  • Stomach massage gets the juices flowing

I'm doing well. I've been working out at least 3 times/day, not to mention chasing David all over the place. I have the main kitchen to myself b/c the other family got a fever and is in the hospital. There are only two other families in this wing and they have kitchens in their suites. I'm glad not to be in a suite. The kitchen is so tiny, like camper size. David and I have cooked some yummy meals...but he is not eating them.

No comments: