Tuesday, December 08, 2009

+1226 Seeking Second Opinion

Today I put in a request to get a second opinion from the Fred Hutchison research center in Seattle. It might take a while to get the records transferred, and permissions complete. I have seen other GVHD patients get good care from the Hutch, so I hope they can help David.

David is doing pretty good. His skin is stable so that's good news. We will not be able to do a taper in a while. I still cannot get his dry flaky hands under control. I'm waiting for the dermatologist at the NIH to respond to the photos I emailed him.

Our family is fighting a cough. Ariella is wearing a mask today. We have all the air filters on full blast. We are doing our best to prevent David from catching it. We had our flu and H1N1 vaccinations so I'm not sure what happened.


Sumathi said...

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that the gvh is stable, even though you have not been able to taper any more.

The docs at Seattle are wonderful and I pray that they will have the magic, healing touch for dear David.

Many healing thoughts,


Peter Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter Olson said...

Stupid germs! Go away!

I pray Hutch brings hope and promise to getting past this GVHD.

Praying for good results and a blessed, healthy, holiday season for your whole family.

RT II said...

Hello Aimee,

I'm sorry that David hasn't been able to taper any further.

We have been very pleased with the quality of Hunter's care here in Seattle at the SCCA/Hutch.

There is a very proactive doctor here we'd like to refer you to if you're interested ... She has been an integral piece of the process for us from the very beginning. She would definitely be able to point you in the right direction of which doctor to see regarding David's GVHD. Please let us know.

Wishing you the best this holiday season,

The Bonnet-Taylor Family