Friday, October 07, 2011

Eyes Looking Great!

I can't believe it's been 4 months since I last posted an update!  Where does the time go?

David saw the eye doctor 4 weeks ago.  The swelling around his optic nerve is almost resolved!  He is on a Diamox taper and should be finished by October 17th.  He is still taking Septra (antibiotic) and Levothyroxine (thyroid).  His cortisol level is still on the low side so we will repeat it in about 4 weeks.

He is growing about 1cm/month.  He's eating well and feeling good.

I have him in a homeschool choir and sports day.  He's having a hard time integrating into social life but I have hope it will only be a matter of time before he is fully participating and making new friends.

I can sense this is going to be a great year for him.  I'm so grateful, beyond words can express, for his healing and his restored life.  Life is so much better for him and the rest of our family.  I know it's only by God's healing hands, the prayers of many faithful brethren, and fasting, that he is still with us today.

We are off to Germany!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I know I'm late on this, but I'm still so happy to read this post! You guys really really needed a break. Praise God!