Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hebrews 4:12 Wow! What Power! What Majesty!

It was refreshing to go to church today and receive much love and encouragement. One woman who I walked by several times as I was trying to get David to take a nap, kept saying words of encouragement as I walked by: "Just keep praying" "He'll be fine" "He's in God's hands" "God loves him." Several people have offered to help us with anything - cleaning, watching the girls, and making meals. We are so grateful, I cannot express our gratitude for your love and service! You all are shining lights! Thank you.

As I was getting ready for church, I could feel my heart ripping apart again, but I could not talk myself into staying home to grieve. Then, I received a phone call from Michael who left for church earlier than I. He said, "I love you" and "Have a nice day." Those are just the words I needed to keep me going the next mile.

In my rush to get everyone ready for church and out the door on time, I was trying to recall a scripture in the Bible that mentions the bone marrow. When I had a minute at church I looked it up.

Hebrews 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

God's message is alive and active, penetrating the innermost parts of a person! I know God is alive and active in David's life. I get much comfort knowing God is alive in us. God knows what it's like to loose a son. He knows what it is like to see a son suffer. He is in complete control of David's life since the beginning of time. He knows every hair on his head. He knows of every little bleed David has. He knows David's genetic makeup. He knows David's strength. He will not allow David to withstand anything David cannot handle - that is a promise. God knows everything going on in our lives even before we were born.

This is an impersonal thank you, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has responded and prayed for us. I can sense, through your love and concern, God is alive and active all around us.

1 comment:

buy cenforce 200 mg online said...

sildenafil 200 mg it helps both get and maintain an erection by affecting the response to sexual stimulation. it citrates acts by enhancing smooth muscle relaxation. it smooth muscle relaxation allows increased blood flow into certain areas of the penis, leading to an erection.