Saturday, August 26, 2006

Day +25 Rash #4

He's had fevers all day. They keep giving him Tylenol. He gets Benadryl too with the Vancomyocin (antibiotic). He has slept a good part of the day, went to bed at 8:30 and is sleeping the night away. The rash does not seem to bother him...it's the drugs. With the fevers, Dr. Argawal is leaning more towards viral infection. If you do a search for "viral rash fever cough" in the Google Images you will see links to measles. Warning: It's graphic. His rash looks similar to that, it's just not as spread out and dense...and it's not measles!

My headache went away after I was away from David for 5 hours! I went home to rest but could not sleep b/c the neighbor kids were making too much noise. Michael, the girls and I went out to Thai food. I brought back some new toys for David and he played for about 15 minutes. Not much energy or enthusiasm in that kid right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee,
I hope that the fever and rash are gone soon. I just wanted to let you know that on Baden's engraftment day he had a bright red skin and a fever. I know of other SCID's that have had this same experience as well. I remember feeling stressed out at the time but now when I look back at the picture I took on engraftment day I realize that that was the first encouraging sign on Baden's path to getting better. Baden had always been so pale before that day because his platelets were rarely over 10000 so I also noticed that his colour got better from that day forward. I am hoping and praying that the rash is David's way of saying he is taking the baby steps to recovery.