Monday, September 11, 2006

Day +41

WBC: 4200
ANC: 3400
Platelets: 92k
Weight: 11.6

We have a room at RMH with our name on it. We will be discharged tomorrow after Michael gets off work. We still have strict isolation restrictions to follow until Day +100. The best thing is that we can go outside without a mask. He is not allowed in buildings including grocery stores. The only buildings allowed are the hospital and RMH. I'll do my best to follow the policies. RMH said they have everything I need to cook a complete homemade meal. Although, we've been very thankful for the frozen meals made by our friends, I am yearning to cook a meal.

At times I feel nervous about leaving. Other times I remind myself to calm down b/c everything will be ok. It's common for children to return to the hospital with a fever or something alarming, about 90% chance. Hopefully, we will fall into that 10% and never see the 2 North floor again. We enjoyed the staff here and their high quality services. We will miss them. The lab results will not be posted every day, as he will come to clinic a couple times/week.

My parents drove many hours to visit today. We walked over to the mall for 2-1/2 hours and had lunch. David had such a good time. This evening he was feeling pretty good. He gave me lots of smooches and we played silly games. I think he is back to his normal self after enduring the NG tube procedure. He's definitely getting used to it.

I've had a headache for the past 3 days due to hormones and stress. I feel good most of the time b/c I take Tylenol. I stopped drinking coffee and alcohol before we came to Stanford, so I know that is not the reason. I'm drinking plenty of water. I'm getting sleep. I'm not eating aged cheese. It must be hormones and stress.

I'll post the address of where we will be staying for the next 2 months.

1 comment:

Andrea Marley said...

Aimee,
So glad to hear you got a room at RMH, and that David had such a great day yesterday!

We'll be at the hospital for labs this morning. If I have cooperative children, I'll try to stop by to say hi!

Love,
Andrea