Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Poem of Thanksgiving


This is a photo of David when he was one day old.


I included the following poem on David's online birth announcement. I've been reflecting today how much I want my boy back! I just want him to be normal and healthy. After I read this poem I was encouraged by how many of the adjectives truthfully describe David! He has a strong mind and body. He already shows passion, courage, humility, humor and patience. Lastly, God has given me the strength to nurture him!


Poem of Thanksgiving


With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might I thank You, God, for the gift of this wonderful child. I thank You for a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery and a speedy recovery.

With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might I pray for the continued health of this child. I pray for him to be strong in mind and body,to grow steadily and sturdily in a home filled with joy. I pray for him to become a person who greets the world. With passion, courage, humility, humor and patience.

With all my heart, with all my soul, with all my might I pray for God to watch over me and my family. I pray for the ability to love and nurture this child. To provide for him and educate him, To understand him and allow him the freedom to grow.

--Judith Shanks

No comments: