Friday, July 22, 2005

HLA Blood Draw

We all had our blood taken today. Michael and I had seven vials - yes, seven! The girls 2, and David 1. We all did fine. We will have about a 2 week wait. This feels like this waiting game is like the Price Is Right. Is the match behind sibling #1 or sibling #2?

I did talk to a doctor at the National Health Institute today. He is very knowledgeable and gave me some good medical advice. He is doing research in gene therapy. In about 3-5 years there should be reliable gene therapy available for WAS patients. Amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a working Phlebotmist, and having read your blog article.. Seven Viles is really not a lot of blood at all to be honest with you, it may look like a lot in the viles, but in comparison to what you have in you, it is minute..

I hope everything comes back well for you all...