Friday, January 27, 2006

Spleen Ultrasound and Cardiologist

The ultrasound of David's spleen is normal! Yipee! He saw the cardiologist this week and everything is still the same. Still has the Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD). Oh, vey! What am I going to do with this boy! I tried to contact an acupuncturist, but he does not take children. David's been taking a supplement called Blood Well Special, which is a mixture of Chinese herbs, that I mix into his food. Still haven't figured out how to help him enjoy the mixture. Very challenging. Some days, I do nothing! Some days, I completely give up and wonder if I'm doing any thing right.

I'm not updating the blog much because we decided not to proceed with any procedures at this time. We completed our extensive research, obtained adequate medical advice, and counseled with a few families. I still don't understand Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome! It's very complicated and I believe God does not want me to completely understand. We are taking a "wait and see" approach. We pray for God to reach into David's body and heal him. We are so thankful his condition is not worse. Everyday, Little Grandma's words ring in my ears, "Maybe he will just grow out of it."

He will have periodic blood draws with the hematologist and exams with the immunologist. We will monitor him for auto immune diseases. Other than that, we will try to keep him safe from accidents and live a normal life. I'll blog the blood draw results but that will be about every 6 months.

For the past 6 months I've been consumed with this issue. It's a relief to finally bring this to a close and get on with living a normal life. I'm pleasantly surprised by the outcome and continue to praise God for leading us through this trial. We are much stronger because of it and hope we can help other families.

No comments: