Sunday, April 16, 2006

Transfusion 4/15

The transfusion went as usual. I always double check that they are giving the right type of platelets. It was Saturday. I told the nurse that I go to church on Saturday but they did not want to wait until Monday, thinking his platelets may drop too low. I can't wait for this platelet game to be over. Platelets saved his life, but I'm at my wits end with all the transfusions!

I broght my Bible and read some interesting scriptures, including the one about anointing in James 5:14 "Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven." We have seen so many answers to prayer. Thank you for praying for David's healing and God's intervention in his life!

Adira and I came down with the stomach flu on Friday. Emotionally, I was a wreck! I am so tired of being sick! I have never, ever been this sick in my entire life! How can a person catch so many different kinds of viruses? I kept Adira isolated in her room all day and put a mask on her for a couple of hours while she was in the living room. She liked the extra attention, like lunch in bed. She loves wearing the mask as she is smart to know it prevents the spread of germs. She's really in-tuned to life sometimes! I diligently cleaned everything. If David gets the flu, the MRI will be canceled for the third time! Today is Sunday, so far so good! I expect Stanford to call on Monday and do a health assessment over the phone to verify David is feeling well for the MRI that is scheduled for Thursday.

Coincidentally, two other WAS families have the stomach virus right now - but they live thousands of miles away, so I know I did not catch it from them!

Praise God that David, Ariella and Michael are doing well!!!!

No comments: