Thursday, August 10, 2006

Day +9

Grace the nutritionist came to chat. She said David is doing great! She asked if he is eating more b/c his calorie count has been about 900 calories. I was not going to argue with that. I am still required to document everything he eats and drinks since he is not on TPN. The upsetting part is she does not count the breastmilk. I thought after the last converstaion she said breastmilk is 20 calories per ounce. I assumed she would count it. She is a nice lady but I would like to see that rule of thumb changed. I'm wrote Dr. Neustedter, David's natural health doctor, for advice. He's a go-getter. Maybe with his help we can make some changes around here ;-)

His hair is almost gone. He has one patch left on the top. His head feels so soft and warm.

For the past 2 days I had a strong headache. I went to Guest Services for a 15 minute shoulder and neck massage. It was refreshing. The headache is gone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aimie, along side your neck are tendons that sort of bulge out. Sorry, my anatomy terminology stinks. Pinch them gently to relieve tension. With your palm facing up, you can also poke at the fleshy part of your thumb between the joints and wrist.
But having a massage is soo much better. What you do depends on feasibility.