Friday, June 29, 2007

+322 - No NG Tube! Horray!

Here's an Emu...before the oil.



It turns out that David agreed to take his meds by mouth. He wanted the tube but when the nurses got it ready to insert he put up a fit. We talked to him and he decided to throw the tube in the garbage and take his meds. When we got home, it was a different story. He would not take them. One of the nurses told me to hold him down and administer it that way. I only had to do that once before he decided it's much easier to take the meds by himself rather than me forcing him down. ;-)

We are still dealing with skin GVHD. I think he will be on Prograf and Steroids for a long time. He gets patches of pinkish dry skin here and there. Sometimes they only last for hours and are gone. The oils work nicely. I've been using Emu Oil and Grapeseed Oil.

No comments: