Monday, January 19, 2009

Yeah! He's back on his bike

He rode his bike today and ran around outside with his sisters today. It was good to see him back.

I listened to one of John O'Leary's motivational talks tonight. Because of listening to him, I have to praise my two daughters for the way they have learned to love David. The bond they share (between each other and with David) would not be as close were it not for David's health problems. They have become more sensitive and aware of people with health problems. They have seen a lot of sick children at Stanford. I know they have a deeper appreciation and understanding for people with disabilities. Aside from my daughters, Michael and I have become better parents because of David. We have learned to love our children with a deeper love and understanding that not every parent experiences. There are always positive ways to look at circumstances. I don't want to create my own muddy pit, decorate it, feel comfortable, and pull others in with me. I want to rise above it and stand on solid ground. There are a lot of good outcomes to our situation, depending on how you look at it.

Thank you, Rosalind for your encouragement. I will "breath in" every bit of sweetness this trial has to offer.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I know what you mean about that deeper love. I think if it weren't for Ayden's condition, we might have taken him for granted and missed so many things. Amazing how that works, isn't it?