Monday, February 27, 2006

Finally Latched Onto A Piece of Hope!

As I was praying the other day, I asked God to help me latch onto something that would give me hope. WAS can be so depressing and the upcoming BMT is making me very anxious. I am questioning events. Will my son survive? Will he experience the long-term effects of chemotherapy?

Satan is very good at throwing those darts at me, making me doubt, causing me to question.

Where is my faith? Where is my hope? Where is my positive spirit? I need a source of hope, something to carry me through, something positive to meditate on. We will not make it through this BMT alone. I refuse to let Satan have any part in David's life. Only God will prevail. Only God is in charge. God is Lord over my son.

One scripture that I have prayed time and time again, for the past 18 years since I was converted and baptized is this:

"Father, please help me to think upon those things that are true, lovely, pure, noble and of good report." For there is nothing else. Only God is true, lovely, noble and good. Satan has no part.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virture and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." Phil 4:8-9

My commentary says: noble: This term describes that which is of honorable character. pure: This word is closely associated with the Greed word for holy and thus means "sacred" or "immaculate." meditate on: Paul commands the Philippians "to deliberate," "to evaluate," "to compute over and over" what is good and pure. In this way, Christians can renew their minds so that they will not conform to the evil habits of this world..

No comments: