Sunday, December 24, 2006

+142 Zenopax Infusion #5

WBC 7500
ANC 6000
Hemoglobin 10.5
Platelets 246k
Weight 28lbs

All of his blood tests came back normal. The Prograf level was normal too, so no med changes this week. The Prednisolone was decreased to 1.3ml twice/day (was 1.6mls). Little by little. His electrolytes and magnesium are all normal.

Dr. Argawal said he looks great. I take that with a grain of salt. It's true he looks great b/c the meds are suppressing the GVHD. I will not get my hopes up high until the day he is off all his meds and there is no sign of GVHD.

I did a pajama test and discovered the fleece pjs caused the welts. All cotton pjs from now on.

In about 40 more days he will have an immune function test done. I'm eagerly looking forward to that day.

On Friday night, we went to the Hanukkah menorah lighting at Beth Em. It was the last night of Hanukkah so every candle was lit. They have a huge outdoor menorah that one must use a ladder to light. It was a perfect outdoor activity for our family. For those who do not know me, I am Jewish by ethnicity but believe in Jesus Christ and worship with Christian believers. David enjoyed the "fire" and singing. The congregation went indoors to finish the service, while our family had to come back home. My heart melts when he tells me "Happy Hanukkah, Mama" even when the days are over.

I am happy to announce that my little baby is using the potty fairly regularly. I am not in a hurry to train him, but his sisters are! The three of them make a big deal out of the event. They are great examples and cheerleaders!

Monday, we're off to Mt. Lassen for a one day snow trip. David loves wearing his snow suit around the house and would not take it off for nap time. He looks so cute and cuddly!

No comments: